Sunday mornings from 9:45-10:45, September through June.
We here at HUMC want our youth to grow in the understanding of the gospel and become better equipped for daily living as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. That is why we offer a Youth Sunday School program for those in Middle School and High School.
The Safe Sanctuary-trained volunteer teachers lead the youth through a variety of topics and curriculum such as Grapple where youth examine topics in meaningful ways so they understand and own their faith or Sticky Faith where youth connect with the Bible to discover their own faith convictions.
If you are visiting with us for the first time, please come to the sanctuary where our Sunday School music directors will greet you and check in your youth. They will then lead you and your youth to the appropriate classroom and introduce you to the teacher. We look forward to meeting you and your middle or high schooler!
The Hollywood United Methodist Youth Fellowship meets on Sunday evenings during the school year from 6:00 to 8:00 for fun, games and devotions. We meet in the youth room which is located in the lower parking lot. We allow time for fellowship and praise music for the combined group before breaking up into small groups for Middle and High School youth.
Retreats and Mission Trips
Our youth participate in various conferences, retreats and mission trips throughout the year. We attend:
- CAMP JOY mission trip: Each summer our youth, ages 12 through 18 travel to Hancock, MD to participate in the CAMP JOY mission project with the goal of reaching out to lower income, elderly or disabled individuals and families occupying a home in need of repair. This year, CAMP JOY is July 8-14. Applications and info will be available soon.
- Annual Rock retreat in February in Ocean City for both Middle and High School youth (sponsored by the UMC Baltimore-Washington Conference.) Stay tuned for info about Rock 2019!
- Possible Fall Retreat…details to come!
Upcoming Youth Events
- Aloha! Church Picnic on Sunday, September 30 at noon
- Bon Fire on October 28 (District Youth Event we are waiting to hear more info about)
- Fall Retreat, November 2-4
- Clothing and Home Goods Drive (Fundraiser), November 4-10
- Advent Workshop on Sunday, December 2 at 3:00 PM
- Christmas Party on Sunday, December 16
- Lots of great activities throughout the school year!
- VBS 2019 – July 22 – 26, 2019
Bowling Night 2018
Camp JOY 2018
Call X203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more Youth Ministry information.