Sunday mornings from 9:45-10:45, September through June.
We want our youth to grow in the understanding of the gospel and become better equipped for daily living as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. That is why we offer a Youth Sunday School program for those in Middle School and High School.
The Safe Sanctuary-trained volunteer teachers lead the youth through a variety of topics and curriculum such as Grapple where youth examine topics in meaningful ways so they understand and own their faith or Sticky Faith where youth connect with the Bible to discover their own faith convictions.
If you are visiting with us for the first time, please come to the sanctuary where our Sunday School music directors will greet you and check in your youth. They will then lead you and your youth to the appropriate classroom and introduce you to the teacher. We look forward to meeting you and your middle or high schooler!
The Hollywood United Methodist Youth Fellowship meets on Sunday evenings during the school year from 6:00 to 8:00 for fun, games and devotions. We meet in the youth room which is easily accessed the lower parking lot. We allow time for fellowship and praise music for the combined group before breaking up into small groups for Middle and High School youth.
Retreats and Mission Trips
Our youth participate in various conferences, retreats and mission trips throughout the year. We attend:
- CAMP JOY mission trip: Each summer our youth, ages 12 through 18, travel to Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, to participate in the CAMP JOY mission project where we complete renovation and repair projects for lower income, elderly, or disabled individuals and their families. CAMP JOY 2020 is July 12-18. Applications and info will be available soon.
- Rock is an annual retreat held in February in Ocean City for both Middle and High School youth. Rock 2020 was GREAT!
- Possible Fall Retreat…details to come!
Upcoming Youth Events
- Help us prepare the church and grounds for spring at the Work Day on Saturday, March 21.
- Youth Sunday is May 17.
- Vacation Bible School – our youth group always helps out with this great program.
- Annual Back-to-School Pool Party.
- Annual Christmas Party
Bowling Night 2018
Camp JOY 2018
Pool Party 2019
Operation Christmas Child
Bowling Night 2019
Call X203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more Youth Ministry information.